Get to know the Latin culture
through the best symphonic music of the region!
About Latinx Fiesta
Latinx Fiesta is a full symphonic concert selectively designed to present the most outstanding composers of Latin America. The program includes contemporary, classical, and popular music, showcasing vibrant Latin rhythms, percussion instruments, and dances.
Latinx Fiesta aims to connect new audiences to a world- class repertoire. We are proud collaborators with musical institutions across the world, helping to enrich their musical programming with brilliant and rarely-heard works.
In recent years Latinx Fiesta full concerts, selected pieces and world premieres have been featured by:
- ADCA Symphony Orchestra, New York (2019)
- Washington University Symphony Orchestra, St. Louis (2019)
- Gateway Festival Orchestra, USA (2019)
- Florida International University Symphony Orchestra, Miami (2019)
- Saarlandisches Staatsorchester, Germany (2018)
- University of Missouri St. Louis Symphony Orchestra (2018)
- Philharmonisches Staatsorchester Mainz, Germany (2012, 2016)
- Filarmónica Boca del Rio, Mexico (2014)
- International Music Festival “Alfredo de Saint Malo”, Panama (2011, 2012, 2018)
- National Youth Symphony Orchestra, Dominican Republic (2010, 2013, 2015)
- Sembrando Talentos Festival, Uruguay (2011)
- Youth Orchestra of the Americas, USA – Dominican Republic (2010)
Its originality, colorful sounds and the power of this music’s connection to audiences of all ages has made Latinx Fiesta a favorite concert series worldwide.
A vital component of Latinx Fiesta is audience engagement. The program includes live explanations and multimedia projections of the various composers, their works, the countries, the instruments, and dances.
Latinx Fiesta projections
Listen to Latinx Fiesta -live- audio samples
Fuga con Pajarillo
Compadre Pedro Juan
A Haitian Phantasy
Colombia Tierra Querida
Latinx Fiesta – live videos
Latinx Fiesta – representative works
- A. Márquez – Conga del Fuego Nuevo(7 min)
- J. Moncayo – Huapango (9 min)
- A. Márquez – Danzón No. 2 (10 min)
- A. Romero – Fuga con Pajarillo (7 min)
- A. Rugeles – Tanguitis (4 min)
- L. Lamothe – A Haitian Phantasy (12 min)
- Danse No. 4
- Danse Capoise
- B. Bustamante – Suite Macorix (18 min)
- B. Bustamante – Fantasía Criolla (15 min)
- D. Aquino – Congofonía (7 min)
- D. Aquino – YOAminicana (5 min)
- D. Aquino – Concerto for Violin, Strings & Percussion (18 min)
- J. L. Guerra – La Bilirrubina (4 min) with choreography
- L. Alberi – Compadre Pedro Juan (3 min) with choreography
- A. Ginastera – Danzas del Ballet “Estancia” Op. 8 (12 min)
- H. Villalobos – Bachianas Brasileiras No. 2 (20 min)
- Carlos Alberto Vázquez – Fiesta Rugeliana (8 min)
- Carlos Fariñas – Seis Sones Sencillos (14 min)
- G. López-Gavilán – Guaguancó (6 min)
- Sergio R. Reyes – Migraciones (10 min)
- A. Bermúdez – Colombia Tierra Querida “Cumbia” (5 min) with choreography
- R. Cordero – Elegia for Strings (5 min)
- L. Casal – Puntos & Cumbias Panameñas (15 min)
Darwin Aquino is a Member of the Latin American Collegium of Composers: click here to learn more.
More selections include music from: Panama, Costa Rica, Belize, Nicaragua, Bahamas, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, El Salvador, Peru, Guatemala, etc.