- Conductor, New Works Collective Opera Theater of St. Louis
- Guest Conductor, Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Music Director, St. Louis Philharmonic Orchestra
- Guest Conductor, St. Louis Ballet (Giselle)
- Conductor-in-Residence, Washington University
- Music Director, Gateway Festival Orchestra
- Guest Conductor, Chamber Music Society
- Guest Composer, San Francisco Civic Symphony (“Lunga Pandemia” for orchestra)
- Commissioned Composer, Opera Theater of St. Louis / Opera on the Go (“Treemonisha” S. Joplin / Abridged)
- Guest Composer, Latin American Music Festival / Venezuela (“Aee Mamá Si Ee” for solo percussion)
- Commissioned Composer, University of Michigan / Percussion studio (“Aee Mamá Si Ee” for solo percussion)
Known for his charismatic energy and musical versatility as a conductor and composer, Darwin Aquino’s career has taken him to orchestra halls and opera theaters across Europe, United States and Latin America. His constant presence as a Dominican artist in multiples stages is seen as a bright light for diversity and inclusion in classical music…
Last year, Opera Theatre of St. Louis started an experiment. The first fruits of that experiment can be seen March 16-18 at COCA’s Catherine B. Berges Theatre. The creative team also includes conductor Darwin Aquino and choreographer Kirven Douthit-Boyd…
Civic Symphony: Spring Concert / Sunday, March 26, 2023 – 3:00 PM 5:00 PM
Herbst Theatre 401 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco, CA, 94102
Darwin has been invited to conduct the first opera of the FGO’s 2022/23 season: “El Matrimonio Secreto” by Italian composer Domenico Cimarosa, in a new Spanish translation by Darwin Aquino and Benedetta Orsi. But, everything happens with a new and very special Latino...
El estreno, en la Gran Opera de Miami, de «El Matrimonio Secreto» de Domenico Cimarosa, uno de los más prolíficos compositores del siglo dieciocho, que llegó a componer ochenta óperas y fue maestro del género «comedia bufa» o comedia cómica, muy popular durante aquella época por su acercamiento a temas populares, sus ágiles dúos y tríos, recitativos hablados y por su risueña trama, marca historia al ser una versión totalmente cantada en español.
The WashU Symphony Orchestra students will perform under the direction of Darwin Aquino, Conductor-in-Residence.
Inventando la Música is a space led by the composer Carlos Zamora, dedicated to talk with Ibero-American composers.