- Conductor, New Works Collective Opera Theater of St. Louis
- Guest Conductor, Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Music Director, St. Louis Philharmonic Orchestra
- Guest Conductor, St. Louis Ballet (Giselle)
- Conductor-in-Residence, Washington University
- Music Director, Gateway Festival Orchestra
- Guest Conductor, Chamber Music Society
- Guest Conductor, World Chess Hall of Fame Music Series
- Commissioned Composer, Lux Nova Duo in Hamburg, Germany (New Work)
- Guest Composer, San Francisco Civic Symphony (“Lunga Pandemia” for orchestra)
- Commissioned Composer, Arizona State University Clarinet Studio (New Work)
- Commissioned Composer, Opera Theater of St. Louis / Opera on the Go (“Treemonisha” S. Joplin / Abridged)
- Guest Composer, Latin American Music Festival / Venezuela (“Aee Mamá Si Ee” for solo percussion)
Known for his charismatic energy and musical versatility as a conductor and composer, Darwin Aquino’s career has taken him to orchestra halls and opera theaters across Europe, United States and Latin America. His constant presence as a Dominican artist in multiples stages is seen as a bright light for diversity and inclusion in classical music…
Inventando la Música is a space led by the composer Carlos Zamora, dedicated to talk with Ibero-American composers.
“ENTRE CUERDAS” (Between Strings), Thursday November 10 – 8 pm (CT) | Facebook & YouTube recording premiere of the Orquesta Sinfónica de Heredia. Location: Museo de Arte Costarricense – MAC in partnership with Radio Universidad de Costa Rica, Quince-UCR
The weather couldn’t have been better for the continuation of an annual tradition: an outdoor welcome back concert at Washington University featuring St. Louis Symphony Orchestra musicians.
Dominican conductor and composer Darwin Aquino continues to raise international attention and to inspire audiences and artists all around the world with his charismatic energy. Aquino’s constant presence in multiples stages is seen as a bright light for diversity and inclusion in classical music.
Opera Theatre’s New Works Collective is a disruption of the traditional commissioning model: it gives decision-making power to the community through a collective of St. Louis residents. https://opera-stl.org/new-works-collective/new-works-collective-members/
An Uncommon Enigma July 13 | Missouri Theater Featuring and curated by music director candidate Darwin Aquino, our final masterworks program includes works such Tower’s Fanfare for the Uncommon Woman, Tchaikovsky’s Cappriccio Italien, and Elgar’s Enigma Variations....